Lifestyle Portrait Session Information
Lifestyle Portraits 650
My process will help you feel prepared relaxed and ready to have fun! I will send you a prep guide, be available for any questions or tips throughout the process and I will have phone or video chats with you so you feel just as confident as I am about your photo session being perfect. I make each step of our journey together as easy for you as possible. A non-refundable retainer fee of 350 is due at the time of booking. The rest of the payment will be due 1 week before your session date.
- Personal Availability To Discuss Your Vision
- Outfit & Day of Prep Guide
- Professional Styling Services- create your own style board & go shopping
- 60-90 Minute Session In Your Home Or Outdoor Location
- ALL Culled Hand Edited high Resolution Digital Images
- Reel Of Highlights Set To Music
- Personalized On-Line Gallery & Store Connected To My Professional Photo Lab
As a point of reference, a $350 non-refundable retainer session fee is due at the time of booking. This covers preparation materials, my availability & time helping you prepare for the session, time spent on location and most importantly reserves your date. You'll find my work is neither the cheapest nor the most expensive in the area, but it does represent one of the best values. You can invest confidently knowing your money will be well spent. Lifestyle clients can expect 50-80 images per hour.
Destination clients investments may have a higher investment level based on location and travel.
Newborn retainer fee is 450 and can run longer depending on your baby's needs.
$15/person over 5 family members
5 STEPS TO A NIKKI HILDEBRAND EXPERIENCE
SCHEDULE A CALL
HAVE FUN READING STYLING GUIDE
MAKING YOU PERSONAL STYLE BOARD
COME WITH A POSITIVE ATTITUDE AND BIG SMILES
VIEW YOUR GALLERY
SHARE WITH FAMILY
Once we have finalized your date, payment and contracts are signed. I'll send you a getting ready guide that will walk you through everything from choosing outfits to strategies to getting kids ready to cooperate. That guide has been created to typically answers 90% of the questions that come up, but I am always happy to set up a time to talk if you would like additional help. I ALSO PROVIDE YOU WITH AN ON-LINE STYLING SERVICE CALLED STYLE & SELECT.
A few days before the session is scheduled, I will reach out to confirm our time and location... at that point, if the forecast is questionable or someone seems to be coming down with the flu, we can talk about rescheduling options. Otherwise, that will be the perfect time to ask any last-minute questions or let me know if you have come up with a fun idea we have not yet discussed.
The day of the session, please block off 45-90minutes (2-3.5 hours for newborns). Typically we are done before or within 90 minutes, but if there is some kind of wardrobe malfunction or child melt down, I like to stay flexible. If a parent has to leave for an important business meeting but the rest of the family is still available, that is fine... just let me know ahead of time so I can focus on getting that parent in the frame more while they are still available. If we get all the shots done early then yay, more time for celebration ice cream.
Finally, take a breath and relax... I promise to give the grown-ups (and kids) breaks throughout the session as needed, and to make it as painless as possible for everyone involved. We will have fun together!!!
CLIENT STYLING AVAILABLE
Outfit Styling and Inspiration made easy!
- Given the beautiful colors and weather, spring and fall are the busiest times of year for outdoor family photos. If you would like a session during one of these times (ESPECIALLY if you want a weekend spot), please get in touch as soon as possible!
- If you have a particular date or holiday by which you need prints or gifts ( Mother's Day, Father's Day, Hanukkah, Christmas, etc.), be sure to book a date at least one month in advance of that date to ensure sufficient processing and printing time.
- Babies and young children are almost universally best first thing in the morning, which just happens to be a great time of day for beautiful light. If you have children under five years old, I encourage you to consider a session at or as close to sunrise as you can reasonably be ready.
- If you have older children or have one of those rare babies that doesn't do mornings, the other time of day that gives us great light late afternoon/early evening.... usually around 1.5 hours before sunset.
- Beautiful photographs can be made in any kind of weather, but I understand that there are some downsides to being photographed in the pouring rain or the freezing cold. I can and do reschedule sessions for inclement weather, but am also happy to use your home or one of my indoor location if sticking to the schedule is a priority.
Within just two weeks of your session, you'll receive an email from me letting you know your photos are ready to view. Once you've had a chance to see them and marvel for a bit, you will have the ability to purchase additional professional archival print items such as prints, canvases and albums. While everything I offer in my store is printed by professional labs who use archival quality photo paper and guaranteed to be stunning, I also recognize that you may want to print your images yourself, and thanks to those digital files, you absolutely can! I recommend Mint or Shutterfly, note that I can not guarantee the same beautiful quality of light and color of the images my lab provides. If you decide to use a different store here are a few good tips:
Make sure you de-select any color correcting options
Upload the original files you downloaded, and not copies
The files you receive from me will allow you to print up to 20x30".
A SNEAK PEEK OF WHAT'S IN THE STORE
Printed on matte recycled paper, these beautiful cards are perfect for all occasions. Greeting cards come in a single-image pack of 24 along with white stationery envelopes.
Available in square, portrait, or landscape format.
Choose from a selection of designs that your friends and family will love, and customize it with your favorite photos.
24 Pack Flat 5x5" Cards / $46.62
24 Pack Flat 5x7" Cards / $55.13
Professional Lab Prints
Your favorite images are professionally printed on archival quality photo paper with your choice of a semi-gloss, deep matte finish (enhancing natural light and brightening dense blacks) or fine art print (printed on smooth matte hot press 100% cotton paper with an extra smooth surface and museum grade quality. These full bleed prints are available in a variety of sizes, and are perfect for framing and hanging on the wall or giving as a special gift.
SEMI-GLOSS, MATTE & FINE ART OPTIONS
5x7 / $2.89-$4.38
8x10 / $4.55-$6.83
11x14 / $9.54-$14.35
These beautiful custom frames are carefully assembled by hand using eco-friendly practices. Photographic print on matte paper, mounted with a thick 8 ply mat board, protected by a front acrylic, permanently sealed with a black backing paper. Arrives ready to hang out of the box.The frames come in your choice of white, natural wood barn wood, walnut or black.
Dimensions: 3/4" wide, 1" deep.
8x10 / $148.78
11x14 / $183.80
20x24 / $335.34
Beautiful linen albums printed on Giclee matte paper with lovely soft textures that will last a lifetime, these acid-free fine art papers feature a true matte finish for a classic look. Drawing on time-honored binding techniques, the Layflat Album features ultra-thick pages that lay flat when open for seamless panoramic impact. Choose from an array of luxe linen and print covers, available in a variety of sizes.
8x8 / $370.04
10x10 / $448.00
12x12 / $511.04
Printed on finely woven, 100% Natural cotton Hahnemühle canvas, with a beautiful matte surface. A sleek natural wrap creates beautiful image continuity, adding dimension to your photo. This canvas is finished with archival backing material that is acid-free, moisture and puncture resistant that will last for generations to come. Arrives ready to hang with beehive hangers and wall bumpers. Depth: 1.5". Available in a variety of sizes.
8x10 / $220.00
11x14 / $274.00
16x20 / $380.00
Nikki Hildebrand is a professional photographer based in San Diego, California, serving the greater San Diego area, including Oceanside, Carlsbad, Del Mar, La Jolla, Temecula and Alpine.